When in Rome, do as the Romans do, and that includes savoring the most delicious breakfasts the Eternal City has to offer. Rome’s culinary scene is a thrilling journey through history and flavor, where the ancient traditions bake seamlessly with modern tastes.
This article embarks on a mouthwatering adventure of finding the best 7 breakfasts in Rome! From the rich aroma of freshly brewed coffee to the flaky layers of a cornetto (Italian croissant), breakfast in Rome is a tasty delight.
So, grab your appetite and join us as we uncover the morning treasures that make Rome’s breakfasts legendary. Buon appetito!
7 Best Places for Breakfast in Rome
Take a look at the top places where you can find the best authentic breakfast in Rome.
1. Cristalli di Zucchero: Famous for Cakes
A high-end home to delicious foods like pastries served in a comfortable and cute environment. Located in Monteverde, it is the top choice for tourists and travelers who love to have designer sweet cuisines.
Not only that, they also have varieties of cappuccino, lemonade, or espresso if you prefer that. According to the local guides and their customers, it’s the best coffee shop in Rome with relaxed vibes and pleasant customer service.
- Popular For: Exquisite cakes and innovative pastries
- Google Ratings: 4.3/5
- Key Features: Comfortable outdoor seating, takeaway and home delivery available
2. Regoli Pasticceria: Serves Cream Based Pastries and Tarts
Regoli is a family-owned pastry shop that has been in function for 100 years while maintaining high-quality sweet items.
It is famous for cream-filled maritozzi buns that are freshly baked and prepared with accuracy. It is often topped with wild strawberries to add a real kick to the taste.
- Popular For: Classic creme-based pastries and tarts
- Google Ratings: 4.5/5
- Key Features: Reasonable prices,
3. Trecaffe Leone IV: Serves Vegetarian Dishes
Famous for serving international cuisines, it is the ultimate place for people who want to have a breakfast made up of superfoods. So, you can maintain your health while chilling in a relaxing environment. At affordable prices, there is something for everyone.
- Popular For: Great customer service and friendly staff. Plus, they have a varied menu from cappuccino to fish, tempura, and burgers.
- Google Ratings: 4.6
- Key Features: Takeout, Outdoor Seating, Live Music, Waterfront
Also Read: Most Expensive Foods
4. Sant’ Eustachio Il Caffe: Highly Rated Coffee Shop
Sant Eustachio is the highly recommended coffee shop in rome. It is one of the most iconic places to have an authentic coffee that tastes like heaven. Travelers, tourists, locals, and corporate employees sipping their favorite coffees at every given hour.
That’s why many people consider it the Starbucks of Rome. Special diet-friendly refreshments are available with an excellent ambiance all around.
- Popular For: Coffee made with home-roasted beans, light refreshments
- Google Ratings: 4.2
- Key Features: Relaxing outdoor seating, takeaway available, serves alcohol
5. Pasticceria Linari: Serves Cakes, Pastries, Pizzas and Sandwitches
In operation since 1971, it is undoubtedly the best pastry shop you will find. Their menu ranges from small dice pizzas, donuts, croissants, and of course, coffee and pastry. Basically, it is a confectionary restaurant that focuses on providing the best variety of breakfast options.
- Popular For: Lemonade, Espresso, Cappuccino
- Google Ratings: 4.5
- Key Features: Serves alcohol, full bar, vegetarian-friendly
6. Necci dal 1924: Serves Roman Pasta and Meat Dishes
It is a decades-old cafe with a rich history and was the most preferred place to hang out in old times. As they grew their menu, it transformed into an all-rounder place for everyone to chill and have a laid-back relaxing time.
- Popular For: Sandwiches, ravioli and gnocchi
- Google Ratings: 4.2
- Key Features: An all-encompassing restaurant, pub, bar, and cafe. A lovely patio that stands out
7. Caffe Della Pace: Serves Vegan Dishes
CAFFÈ DELLA PACE, a vine-covered Roman institution operated by the Serafini family for over five decades, takes you to an era of opulence. It offers a delightful transition from a morning coffee bar to an evening haven for sipping Prosecco.
From posh seatings to marble table tops to incredible outdoor settings, the Old World Rome charm is worth every penny.
- Popular For: vegetarian options, mojitos, wine, and espresso
- Google Ratings: 4.6
- Key Features: stunning outdoor seating area, marble-top tables, royal ambiance
From exquisite pastries to marritozi buns to dice pizzas, breakfasts in Rome are nothing short of a culinary adventure. Add to that the to-die-for ambiance of Roma, and you are in for a trip to heaven.
Roam around the cobblestone streets, sip the finest news, and savor the best breakfasts in Rome to get an authentic Roman experience. These cafes and breakfast places are the perfect ones to visit and get a perfect start to your day!