Enterprise content management
Enterprise content management (ECM) is a technology that allows businesses, big and small to take control of the critical information in your business that is often held in documents, invoices, emails, contracts and other mediums. Most companies understand the need for a strategic ECM solution after identifying an overarching business challenge of handling too much paper, which causes bottlenecks when trying to access, process, or store the information.
Host of challenges that arise from manual handling of documents and information:
- Ineffective and wasteful paper-based workflows
- Laborious searching for relevant information in archives
- Observance of statutory requirements and compliance guidelines
- Needless increase in time spent on data security
- Risk of loss due to human error or natural calamities
Most enterprise information management solution offers the following features in their package:
- Data capture and digitization: Digitize documents and transform content into internal systems, precisely and cost-effectively.
- Enterprise Content Management: Boost productivity and lessen the risks and costs of increasing volumes of content.
- Business Process Automation: Enhance business workflows and processes to initiate productivity and operational excellence.
- Integration: Connect structured and unstructured content to deliver easy access to information and processes.
- Business Insight: Real-time insight into structured and unstructured data across diverse systems.
- Customer Experience: Bring rich, personalized, secure and interactive experience through quicker document and query processing.
After implementing an ECM solution into your business processes, your team will enjoy numerous benefits. Here’s a list of benefits you will gain after you integrate ECM into your organization.
Reduced operating cost:
ECM solution eliminates the cost of printing, storing, and shopping papers because every content you make can be captured digitally. Digital captures provide you and your team with instant access to content and processes on the fly, including mobile devices. This increases your productivity without the need to increase your staff.
Track and secure all your information:
An ECM solution will give your business the ability for a complete, fast, and secure document management. Documents can be centralized, easily searchable, and automatically linked to an appropriate account.
Version control over your documents:
ECM gives you document management and version control, which means losing control over any document is now a thing of the past. Your team will be able to work on the same document while recording or exchanging notes, and still have time-stamped saved versions in case reverting back to an earlier rendering is necessary.
With ECM, your business can have easier enforcement of security policies while tracking all documents accessed as well as activities that happened on any document. It facilitates auditing and reporting on the information already available, as well as any information you may require. You won’t have to worry about retention periods since the ECM solution can automate retention times and record management needs.
Improve customer service:
The ECM system helps in recovering time spent searching in multiple computers for documents, then waiting for files to be taken and delivered. Instant access allows your employees to heave real-time visibility into the status of a client’s transactions and/or requests. This dramatically streamlines processes.
Overall, enterprise information management ensures a high process environment for your organization while simultaneously providing better service for your customers.
Featured image by Pixabay