Latest Cloud Based Market Trends
Aside from recruitment payroll management is one of the most important tasks in human resources (HR). Payroll should not only be done on time it also has to be accurate and efficient as well. When it comes to efficiency, most HR managers resort to use the latest technology in order to ensure smooth payroll operations.
This is why most companies developed their own system, which includes the use of software platforms and data-management hardware. These require a large amount of investments because companies should run their own servers and hire people to maintain it. Moreover, they need to monitor the security and the flow of information.
Nevertheless, there are other ways to make payroll management efficient other than operating an on-premises data management system. One of these is through the use of cloud-based payroll software. Cloud computing is nothing new, but it’s now changing the way HR operation works, especially with regard to payroll management.
Cloud Computing Is the Trend in Payroll Management
Changes happen very quickly in the corporate world as technology continues to evolve, and competition stirs innovation. The recent development through the use of on-premises software to manage company data now needs rethinking amidst the growing trend of cloud-based payroll systems.
Companies who still operate and maintain their own data-management hardware may now consider shifting to cloud-based systems. This is because of the several trends happening in relation to it. The trends are as follows:
- HR analytics is gaining momentum.
- The number of cloud vendors offering cloud services is fast growing.
- Virtual payroll outsourcing is on the rise.
- Automation in payroll management is beginning to take shape.
- More and more companies integrate their current system with the cloud-based system.
What is the significance of the above trends? These show that the trend in the corporate world will depend heavily on cloud efficiency. Business analytics alone entails updated stream of information, which is commonly difficult through conventional method.
On the other hand, it’s a positive sign that the number of vendors offering cloud services is fast growing. The implication is that more and more vendors are providing cheaper and more efficient services than ever before.
There are also companies who resort to virtual outsourcing, which means there is no need to use their existing on-premises data management for that purpose. Automation is now a trend in payroll management as there are a lot of available productivity apps in the market today that companies can easily try.
Also, more and more companies integrate their on-premises data management into the cloud. This is evident in the growing client base of many service providers who offer some sort of application integration solution.
Benefits of Cloud-Based Payroll System over On-Premises System
- Companies don’t have to spend much money to maintain their own servers.
- Cloud services are much cheaper than an on-premises system.
- Virtual companies or departments can use the cloud-based system to keep operating virtually.
- On-premises data-management systems often experience downtime while the cloud-based system is maintained properly by the vendor.
- Cloud system is accessible anywhere and anytime.
- Cloud-based payroll software is faster and more efficient than on-premises software.
Gone are the days that payroll management is all about spreadsheets. Even the recent on-premises data-management technology is beginning to get unpopular. Cloud computing is the future of human resource operations.
Nowadays, companies have options to stay in the current technology they use or to shift to cloud-based system. It is also possible to integrate both as most cloud software platforms and services have options to do so.
Image via Pixabay